I thought it would be fun to take a little detour and instead of posting about places in London I’m exploring, or things I’ve been baking, I’d tell you a little bit more about myself. I’ve done similar posts before, just about general things, but this time, it’s a little more personal. If you’re going to read my blog, you should probably know a little bit more about who I am!
1. My name is not at all pronounced how it looks. My parents named me after my grandfather, John, so they changed the pronunciation. I always tell people that it’s pronounced like how Forrest Gump says Jenny (Jen-ay).
2. I have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth.
3. I have a tattoo across my ribs that says “be not afraid of greatness,” and two more in the works!
4. I have a bachelor’s degree in Theatre Studies. My dream job is to be a theatre director!
5. My celebrity crush is Rupert Grint. I think I’ve had a crush on him since I was about 13.
6. My favorite books are The Great Gatsby and The Perks of Being a Wallflower
7. The first CD I bought was The Spice Girls.
8. My absolute favorite fruit in the whole world is mango.
9. I frequently tell people that my favorite color is leopard print.
10. I’m afraid of heights, especially ones with a visible, steep drop.
11. I once played Peter Pan in a nursery school play.
12. I firmly believe that a hot bubble bath, some chocolate and a good cry will solve any problem.
13. I have impulsively cut my own hair more than once.
14. I only listened to my parents’ music (Motown, Parliament Funkadelic, Paul Simon) until the age of 11.
15. I’m incredibly clumsy. I trip over air!
16. I detest olives. Also, cooked carrots.
17. When I was younger, I wanted to be a wedding dress designer.
18. I’ve been a vegetarian since March 2009, though I do occasionally eat salmon or shrimp.
19. When I was in middle school, I once snuck out of the house, even though I was grounded, so I could meet my favorite author, Tamora Pierce.
20. I’m a cat person. Dogs make me nervous.
21. I’m a very nervous flyer. I have to sit on an aisle seat, with my bag stored at my feet, or I’ll have a panic attack.
22. I’ve never been a party animal. I prefer my PJs, a cup of tea, and Netflix… the holy trifecta!
23. My cartilage piercing and my nose piercing were both birthday presents from my sister!
24. I’m terrible at math, even when I’m using a calculator… yikes!
25. I love macaroni and cheese. LOVE it.
There you have it! 25 random facts that you totally wanted to know about me! Are we best friends now? Good! Hopefully you feel like you know me a little better!