I will happily admit to you that one of my favorite meals to make, when I want to be a little fancy without too much effort is risotto. It always feels a bit like an indulgence, but doesn’t take an overwhelmingly long time to make which is perfect really! This is a dish that P requests on a regular basis, and I’m always happy to oblige!
150g arborio rice
600ml vegetable stock
4 spring onions, finely chopped
150g asparagus, cut in 2cm pieces
120g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
187ml white wine
25g unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
50g grated parmesan
1. Place your stock on a low heat, and let it warm through. Measure out and prepare all of your ingredients. You won’t have time once the risotto is cooking!
2. In a large pan, melt your butter over medium heat and add the spring onions and garlic. Sweat until soft and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the arborio rice and stir well so it absorbs all the flavor, then pour in the white wine. Stir regularly, until the wine is nearly all absorbed.
4. Stir in the asparagus, and then add a ladleful of the vegetable stock. When the stock is fully absorbed, add another ladleful. Continue adding the vegetable stock in this manner, one ladleful at a time.
5. After about 10 minutes, add the mushrooms and mix well. Continue to add the remaining stock.
6. Once all of the stock is absorbed, salt and pepper to taste and mix in some of the Parmesan. Serve immediately, with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled on top as a garnish
There you have it! A simple recipe packed with flavor! Hope you enjoy it!