It’s the time of year that everyone is feeling happy and festive, and I for one am very happy for it! We can all agree that 2016 hasn’t been the greatest year, so it’s nice to be perpetually in a festive mood. I managed to get my shopping done pretty early this year, so it’s been a stress-free week, and now I’m counting down to the big day! I certainly want to end the year on a high note, so I’m sharing a few of the things I love about the holiday season!
10 Things I Love About Christmas
1. Ice Skating – what a way to start off the Christmas festivities! Wrapping up warm and skating around til your feet hurt. I do it pretty much every year!
2. Christmas Lights – when they aren’t giving me an electric shock that is (true story… I got shocked by some Christmas Lights and had to go to A&E. Yikes!)
3. Wrapping Presents – I take my time wrapping presents. I love it!
4. Watching People Unwrap Presents – Really it’s that moment when they see what they’ve received and their eyes light up!
5. Hot Chocolate – This is I live on during the winter, but there’s something nice about a cup of hot chocolate to add a little christmas cheer. Chuck in a candy cane and it’s even more Christmasy!
6. That Christmas tree smell – you know the one I mean. There’s nothing like it.
7. Mince Pies – can’t decide if I like them or not but that doesn’t stop me from eating about a million.
8. Christmas Music – Everyone has a cache of songs they only listen to at Christmas time. “Jingle Bells“, “Deck the Halls“, “Tis The Season,” you know the ones. Everyone has a favorite Christmas song. Mine? “Santa Clause Is Coming to Town“… the Jackson Five version!
9. Christmas Dinner – There’s something so nice about having a relaxed day opening presents and then sitting down for a nice meal. The perfect end to a perfect day!
10. Home Alone, Love Actually, Scrooged, The Holiday, The Muppet Christmas Carol… Need I say more?
I hope all my lovely readers have a very merry Christmas!