Do you remember when you were a kid, and your half birthday was such a big deal? Like, it felt so imperative to say that you were 6 and a half, or 7 and three quarters… That kind of fades away as you get older, but it hit me like lightning a few days ago that I’ve reached my half birthday. I’m 29 and a half, and you know what that means! SIX MONTHS UNTIL 30! What?! I’m like 90% sure I was just celebrating my 13th birthday yesterday. Still, with 6 months to go I thought I’d do a little check in!
A little less than a year ago, I wrote down a list of the 30 things I wanted to accomplish by the time August 17th rolls around. Well, with six months until 30, I think a check in is probably in the cards, no? I don’t feel a life crisis coming on, but I do feel like there are some things in my life that really need work.
My Old List:
The list I wrote a year ago was a mix of things I wanted to accomplish, and looking back on it, I’d say that I’ve solidly accomplished half of them. A few of them take a bit of time, like paying off some of my debts or trying not to measure my successes against others. I’m actually really proud of what I’ve accomplished, and I’ll be able to tick off a few more things by the time my birthday rolls around. Like, having a weekend of sea, sun and sand with my gals. I’m actually planning a fun trip to Margate the weekend before my birthday and I’m so excited! I updated my glasses prescription, and got my tattoo. I’ve been away for a nice weekend, and have another planned. It’s all going along swimmingly! Still, with six months until 30, I think my list needs just a little tweaking.
The New ‘Six Months Until 30’ List
I’m tweaking my list slightly, keeping some goals, adjusting a few, and adding a new one here or there! Not 30 goals, this time, but things I think I would benefit from!
1. Plan a trip to either Copenhagen, Amsterdam, or Berlin.
2. Wash my face everyday, and remember to take my makeup off.
3. Be more financially responsible. Pay more attention to what I’m spending my hard earned money on!
5. Plan a trip with Mr. Actually. We’ve not traveled much, so it’s definitely on the cards!
6. Be nicer to my body, and take care of it. Heal that broken relationship.
7. Treat myself to a relaxing pamper day. I can’t remember the last time I got a manicure or pedicure. Long overdue I think!
8. Finish one room in the flat!
9. Get some more plants, and keep them alive!
10. Face my fear and do Karaoke, in any capacity!
11. Buy more vinyl.
12. Stop procrastinating so much.
13. Don’t be too hard on myself if I fail.
I’d like to think these things are pretty doable! Small things, and some a little bigger and harder! Still, turning 30 is a big deal, and I’d like to think it’s really my time to bloom!