Happy December! The holidays are just around the corner, and I’m fully invested now. I love this time of year, because it’s just so joyous, isn’t it? You might have noticed that pretty much the day after Thanksgiving, I started posting festive content on Instagram. This time of year is many things. Fun! Festive! Hectic! Overwhelming! Back to fun! I’m chilling out a bit this year, and decided that I’d make a little Christmas To-Do List. I love a good to do list, and making one for the holidays seems like the ideal way to make sure I have a great month!
Big moments or small, I think Christmas can be really wonderful. In the past, I’ve definitely felt like I had to do ALL OF THE THINGS, and while that’s fine, it’s equally fine to do not much at all. By making a Christmas Wish List, I thought I could make sure I have the best of both worlds, you know? I’ve been jotting things down since mid October, and while it’s not a long extensive list, it’s mine all the same! So, without further ado…
My Christmas To-Do List
- See a festive show. I’ve always seen posters for Panto at this time of year. While it’s not my bag, there are lots of other festive shows happening! Maybe The Nutcracker or A Christmas Carol would be just the ticket!
- Bake the ginger biscuits that Kim-Joy made on Bake Off this year. Gingerbread has always been the one baked good I’m terrified of making. This year is the one!
- Send Christmas cards to my friends and family. Old school mail at it’s finest. I’ve been looking at smaller, independent illustrators to buy some cards from. I love these and these!
- Decorate our Christmas tree! One of my favorite things to do each year!
- Watch a cheesy Christmas movie! Mr. Actually and I watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix last weekend, and it was a barrel of laughs! A few more on the list? Love Actually (of course), A Muppet Christmas Carol, Home Alone 1 + 2, The Holiday and Die Hard!
- Have a cozy night drinking hot chocolate, and doing not much else! I’ve got a big tin of Whittard’s Christmas Hot Chocolate and it’s pretty dreamy!
- Walk around and look at all the Christmas lights! London looks pretty wonderful this time of year!
- Go for a walk in the crisp air and then sit down for a cozy meal. Maybe a festive pub lunch?
- Dance around the house to Christmas music. Singing at the top of your lungs recommended but not required!
- Check out the Renegade Craft Fair. I’ve wanted to check it out for a few years now, but hopefully this year is the one!
- Attempt to make mince pies!
- Visit the Christmas shops at Fortnum and Mason, Harrods and Liberty. They’re so lush, aren’t they?
- Spend an afternoon wrapping presents! I love wrapping presents!
- Make mulled cider.
- Wish for a white Christmas, of course!
- Go for a stroll through a Christmas market or two! The Southbank has a pretty cute one, and there’s another over by London Bridge too!
- Go ice skating! Or maybe just go watch people ice skating…
- Enjoy myself, and don’t forget to just live in the moment!