Do you ever get home from work, and think, ‘I’m hungry but I have no energy’? Because I totally feel you on that! Some days, when it’s my turn to make dinner, I wish I could just snap my fingers and have it done! I love having a few minimal effort recipes tucked away for just such an occasion, and I’m sharing it with you! Most importantly, it’s got halloumi, which is the best thing ever! Mr. Actually and I really enjoy these bad boys! Halloumi Fajitas are where it’s at!
When it’s all said and done, these halloumi fajitas are so quick and easy! It doesn’t look like a ton of food, but I promise it is filling! I mean, I’m a sucker for anything that involved halloumi! This meal also only takes about 20 minutes! If you’re feeling even more fancy, you can add some fresh guacamole too! This usually yields about 4 fajitas, two per person. Feel free to double or triple the ingredients if you want to make more! You can also feel free to add more halloumi. You can never have enough halloumi!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 pepper (any color), deseeded and sliced
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp harissa paste
fresh coriander, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over a medium high heat. Add the onion and pepper, stirring occasionally, until they have softened and are starting to brown.
2. Measure out the spices and mix together in a small bowl. Once the onions and peppers are soft, add the spices, and stir with a wooden spoon to ensure everything is evenly coated. Continue to cook for a few more minutes. Set aside in a bowl, covered.
3. Wipe the pan clean. Cut the halloumi into into long pieces. It’s okay if it breaks up a bit! Heat the pan, and add the halloumi. Cook until the side down is a golden color, then flip over to the other side. Once the second side of the halloumi is golden, add back in the onions and peppers. Mix together.
4. In a separate pan, warm the tortillas on each side. While they’re warming, mix together the mayonnaise and the harissa.
5. Assemble your fajitas! Add the onion, pepper and halloumi in the center of the tortilla. Add a dollop of the mayonnaise harrisa blend, a few leaves of spinach, then a sprinkle of the coriander. Finally, squeeze a little lime juice on top. Fold in half and enjoy!