Summer is well and truly here. If last week’s 34ºC high is anything to go on, it looks like it will be a corker of a summer! I’m pretty excited, and in an effort to make the most of it, I’ve made myself a little summer bucket list. Things I’d like to do before the summer is out! What else is a summer bucket list for? Well, I’ve already got plans to tick a few off, and I can’t wait to work my way through them!
I definitely feel like the summer weather inspires me to do more. In the winter, I just want to stay home. Come the long summer days where it doesn’t get dark til after 10pm, and suddenly I’m an adventurous social butterfly! So, here’s my little summer bucket list, so that I can make the most of it!
My Summer Bucket List
1. Go strawberry picking! I loved doing this as a kid!
2. Head to a seaside town for the day. Maybe Deal, or Broadstairs?
3. Make s’mores! I may not have a bonfire, but I can make them in the oven!
4. Go for a bike ride. I’m terrible on bikes, but my husband loves it!
5. Visit a lavender field!
6. Get a watermelon ice cream from Dominique Ansel!
7. Go on a country walk with wild swimming!
8. Have a picnic in the park!
9. Go to an outdoor cinema!
10. Go for a swim in Hampstead Heath!
It’s kind of nice to give myself some things to look forward to this summer! Definitely ready for the weather to stay sunny though, and then I can get started! Hopefully, by the time Autumn rolls around, I can tick quite a few of these off my list! And then, who knows? Maybe I’ll do one for every season!
What things are you looking forward to doing this summer?
Photos by Alex Grace Jones