A little spring in your step…
Hygge is a word that has a permanent place of honor in my vocabulary. I’ve been obsessed with it for years and it’s very much where my slow cozy living vibes started! It’s also something that most people associate with Autumn or Winter. Short days, warm spiced drinks, and the general air of coziness go hand in hand with hygge! Don’t worry though, the warmer seasons can be just as cozy! Whether it’s hygge in spring or winter, there is plenty of joy and coziness to be had!
For me, hygge is very much about finding the joy in things. They become inherently cozy when you make the time to enjoy them. I bet you’re being hygge without even realizing it! Spring is one of my favorite seasons and part of that is because there are so many wonderful things to do. It’s all about making the most of it, isn’t it? Finding a little hygge in spring is surprisingly easy, and I’ve written a list of my favorites! Make the most of the season and make sure you don’t miss a moment!
How to Add a Little Hygge in Spring
- Spring Clean: Why do you think it’s called spring cleaning? Because taking a little time to declutter and clear up your space is very hygge. It’s hard to be cozy when you’re surrounded by clutter. Plus, having a tidy will do wonders for your mental health as well! So embrace your inner Marie Kondo, and get rid of the things no longer bringing you joy!
- Cook and Bake with the Seasons: Making a lovely meal is very hygge, and utilizing what’s in season makes it extra special. I always find myself cooking with more asparagus, or baking with lemons and strawberries! They’re always better when they’re in season! The Mothercooker has some wonderful seasonal recipes!
- Visit a Farmer’s Market: Following on from #2, why not plan a trip to a farmer’s market to pick up your ingredients? Get them fresh and enjoy the nice weather while you’re at it. I do love a nice market!
- Open Your Windows: A nice spring breeze can sure bring a lot of joy! Crack open the windows and let the fresh air in! I guarantee opening your windows will clear the cobwebs away!
- Swap Out Your Candles: I light candles all year long. I love them so much for adding a little bit of ambiance to my home. The trick is to swap out your scents! In the winter, everything is musky and spiced, and in the spring I opt for fresh or floral scents! Scented candles are always a great idea, no matter the season!
- Bring Home the Blooms: Having flowers in the house is always lovely, but it’s extra joyous when you’re picking up flowers that only bloom in the spring. Peonies are a total dream, daffodils and tulips are a nice treat, and Hyacinth smells wonderful!
- Go On A Walk: Nothing says spring like going for a walk and seeing the forest floor carpeted with bluebells. After so many months being cooped up, it’s nice to stretch your legs and get in touch with nature. Go see the cherry blossoms blooming in your local park, or wherever you have a little bit of green space. Travel a little further afield if you fancy! It’s always lovely to see the world coming to life again!
- Lighten Up Your Home: Swap to your lighter duvet, bundle away the flannel sheets, and darker cushion covers. Add pops of lighter colors (and lighter fabrics) to your home and it will immediately brighten it up! We do this every spring and it makes a big difference!
- Enjoy the Sunshine: If it’s gonna hang around, you might as well make the most of it! Plan a picnic outside! Go for a bike ride! Sit with a book in the park! Find things you can do out in the sun that are also joyful and relaxing!